BISMARCK, N.D. — April 15, 2020 — MDU Resources Group, Inc. (NYSE: MDU) announced today that it is donating $500,000 to a variety of organizations to support coronavirus relief efforts, including $99,000 to charities in Oregon. The donation comes from the MDU Resources Foundation, which is funded by stockholder monies, and is in addition to the $2.2 million the MDU Resources Foundation already has committed to charitable organizations this year.
MDU Resources Group companies in Oregon include Cascade Natural Gas Corporation, International Line Builders, Knife River Corporation, Loy Clark Construction, OEG and Wagner-Smith Equipment. Organizations receiving coronavirus relief funds from MDU Resources in Oregon include:
- Agape House (Eastern Oregon Mission) in Hermiston.
- Bear Cupboard Pantry in Coquille.
- Bethlehem Inn in Bend.
- Beulah’s Place in Redmond.
- Cat Adoption Team Development Office in Sherwood.
- Clatsop County Regional Food Bank.
- Columbia Pacific Food Bank in St. Helens.
- Community Action Team, Inc. in St. Helens.
- Coquille Community Christian Church.
- Family Access Network in Bend.
- FISH of Albany.
- FISH of Lebanon.
- Food for Lane County in Eugene.
- God’s Store House in Harrisburg.
- Helping Hands in Seaside.
- Jefferson Community Food Pantry.
- Linn/Benton Food Share.
- Marion/Polk Food Share.
- Maslow Project in Medford.
- Meals on Wheels in Portland and Tualatin.
- Mid-Willamette Family YMCA in Albany.
- Newberg Animal Shelter.
- Northeast Oregon Compassion Center in Baker City.
- Oregon Food Bank in Portland.
- Philomath Food Bank.
- Helens Senior Center.
- Vincent de Paul in Medford.
- Salem First Baptist Church.
- Salvation Army in Coos Bay.
- Salvation Army in Medford.
- Saving Grace in Bend.
- Solid Life Food Bank in Forest Grove.
- South Coast Business Employment Corporation in Coos Bay.
- Sunshine Division in Portland.
- Table Rock Fellowship Food Pantry in Medford.
- The Giving Plate in Bend.
- Tualatin School House Pantry.
- UCAN Food Bank in Roseburg.
- United Way of Deschutes County.
MDU Resources President and CEO David L. Goodin said the health and safety of MDU Resources’ employees, customers and the public is always the company’s top priority, and the donations are intended to help communities regain their good health.
“We know it will take some time for our country to recover from this adversity, and we want to do our part to help,” Goodin said. “In addition to monetary support from our corporation, our employees are dedicated to ensuring we continue to serve our customers with the electricity, natural gas and energy and transportation infrastructure that are essential for daily life.”
In addition to the $500,000 donation, the MDU Resources Foundation is accelerating 2020 grant payments that were previously identified for organizations such as food banks, shelters and elderly support.
“Our employees are proud of the essential services they provide and of our company’s support of our communities and the people who live in them,” Goodin said.
About MDU Resources
MDU Resources Group, Inc., a member of the S&P MidCap 400 index and the S&P High-Yield Dividend Aristocrats index, is Building a Strong America® by providing essential products and services through its regulated energy delivery and construction materials and services businesses. For more information about MDU Resources, see the company’s website at www.mdu.com or contact the Investor Relations Department at [email protected].
Media Contact: Laura Lueder, manager of communications and public relations, 701-530-1095
Financial Contact: Jason Vollmer, vice president, chief financial officer and treasurer, 701-530-1755
Comments are closed.