Meter Location Guidelines
The team at Cascade Natural Gas is committed to customer safety. The location of the meter, and protecting it from damage, is an important safety issue. The information below provides meter location guidance for new gas services.
General Meter Location Standards
- Locate the meter as close to the front of the structure as possible
- The meter should be at least 36” from an electrical meter or a potential source of ignition
- The meter should not be located under or in front of windows or other building openings used as emergency fire exits
- Locate the meter where it is safe from damage caused by vehicles
- A graphical depiction of these standards is provided.