How Budget Payment works:
This plan takes the guesswork out of budgeting and levels out your monthly energy expenses without being concerned about extremes in the weather impacting your bill. You pay an even monthly amount through the year, as opposed to paying larger bills in the winter when you use more natural gas.
- Available to all residential customers that meet the program criteria. You may join anytime during the year.
- To enroll, log in to your account online or contact Customer Service.
- To calculate your payment amount, we total your previous 12 months of energy use and average that amount into even payments.
- Your Budget Payment amount will be reviewed and adjusted periodically. It may be adjusted due to weather, price fluctuations, or consumption changes.
- If at the end of the program year, you have a debit balance; it will be included in the following year’s payment amount.
- Budget payments must be made each month. Missing payments may result in removal from the Budget Payment Plan, at which the full balance will become due.
How Budget Payment and Automatic Payment work together:
It’s the perfect pair! Once you sign up for both Budget Payment and Automatic Payment, your preauthorized payment will be withdrawn from your financial institution on your bill’s due date. The date is shown on your bill stub.
You will continue to receive a monthly statement showing the amount of your automatic payment, which will be the Budget Payment amount and the date it will be withdrawn from your bank account. The automatic payment will appear on your monthly bank statement.