Bend Climate Action Efforts
Cascade Natural Gas is proud to support the City of Bend’s climate action efforts. The plan is comprised of proactive, voluntary efforts to encourage greater use of energy efficiency, renewable energy, and smart resource management in the Bend community. All actions were developed in coordination with the environmental, business, and greater Bend community. Cascade Natural Gas was invited to, and served on, the city’s Climate Action Steering Committee (CASC). Strong economic analysis was performed by the city on each of the areas included in the plan.
On December 4, the City Council approved Bend’s Community Climate Action Plan. The recommendations provided by the CASC and approved by City Council, will guide the city and the community in pursuit of the goals to reduce fossil fuel use by 40% by 2030 and by 70% by 2050.
City-approved actions include:
- Providing 100% renewable electricity supply to the community
- Support of natural gas offsets and RNG opportunities
- Expanded solar energy efforts
- Increased energy efficiency and building performance programs
- Promoting sustainable housing and denser development
- Support of electric and CNG vehicles
- Supporting bike trips, ride sharing, and transit ridership
Cascade will continue to work with the city in exploration of biogas and other low carbon opportunities in support of its climate ambitions.
For more information, click on the Bend Climate Action Plan.
Cascade’s letter of support for the Bend Climate Action Plan can be found here.